Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Sweet 16 Libs! Your mom loves you!!




My Dearest sweetest Libby,

One of the greatest honors of my lifetime is being your mom. Who would have known that 22 years ago, the doctors would have told me that I had a 2% chance of ever having a baby.... 6 years before you born, your daddy and I tried and tried, prayed and prayed, but no answer came from God.... not for 6 long years....But we had faith...we believed that God would answer our prayers...and He did....Elizabeth Faith Neu was born to 2 of the happiest people on this earth 16 years ago.... I think of all the days in my life, giving birth to you was one of the most memorable. I remember asking your daddy if you really came out of me! I could not believe that God had really answered our prayers! Tears still come to my eyes when I remember God's kindness to us on that day and every day since then ......

Your name means consecrated to God and I can attest as your mother that I have seen this walked out in your life. Libby, you are the greatest example I know of a godly woman. I don't think I will ever stop learning from you. I want to take some time to honor you tonite....

You excel at all these areas: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control. All of these areas are walked out in your daily life. You are so kind, quick to forgive, always believing the best about others, quick to bring your sin to light...seek God every morning, you take great joy in your relationships, you are very self controlled, always striving to be more godly....You honor your father and mother...you are such an encouragement....always telling us things that we do right....I often think - I wish I could be more like you! You Libby, are my hero!

I love it when you seek me out to share a struggle that you are having. You so want to please God in your thoughts and actions....You will never know how much I admire you and am so humbled to be your mother...I know that there is no credit to be had...You are a true gift from God....One that I know I could never deserve...but that I am extremely grateful for.....

Thank-you for your diligence to be a godly young woman, for your desire to be a blessing to your parents, for your sweet spirit to be a peacemaker, for your humility to share your sin and confess it quickly, for your humility in all areas of yor life...for denying your flesh when, at your age, self wants to rule...Thank-you for fighting for righteousness..

I love you and am soooooo grateful that God blessed me and your daddy 16 years ago and gave us you! Happy Birthday sweet Libby Lu!

love,

your mommy.....

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Hello Libby!!!

Happy SWEET 16th BIRTHDAY to you!!!! May God continue to Bless you! ♥ ☺

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Love you sis!

Briana said...

Happy 16th Birthday Libby!!
I hope you have an amazing day! Love you!
~Briana

Kaybs said...

Happy Sweet 16th!!!
Love ya like a sis!!!

Kayla Burtner