Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy 16th Birthday Libby!!!! A message from your dad....



A tribute to my little girl who is growing up so fast.
It seemed like just yesterday when you first learned to walk and talk and ride a bike and now you are learning to drive a car. Yikes.
Where have all the years gone? It has been my utter pleasure and priviledge to watch you grow into one of the most godly people I know. It makes my heart glad every time I walk past your room and you are listening to a book on cd like the Elsie Dinsmore series, or the Narnia series, or the Bible on cd, or a teaching message by men like CJ, Mike Bulmore, John Piper, etc. God has been so gracious to us to allow us the opportunity to pour into your life early on and now you encourage me and bless me and humble me with your love for your Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. You have been blessed with such a creative imagination. Such a passion for the Lord. Such a willingness to serve in any way you can.
some of my most memorable times with you have been playing games with you throughout the years...
pretty pretty princess, herd your horses, battleship, chess, backgammon, and endless card games...
its been great watching you grow into a fine young lady learning english country dancing, singing lessons,
guitar lessons, now driving lessons. We've had a blast playing soccer together, wrestling around the house,
and geo-caching together.
It doesn't really matter what we do together, I just thoroughly enjoy every minute with my wonderful precious
daughter. I never thought that after trying for 6 years to have children that God would bless us with such a
one as Libby. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She is so much like her mother in so many ways. Thats a wonderful thing.
I just want to end by saying that Libby, I am so proud of you and the godly young woman you are. You are light years ahead of me when I was 16. I can't imagine what my life would have been like without you being a part of it.
Thank you for loving God ahead of everything. You are truly an inspiration to me.
I Love You!!!
Your Daddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy 16th Birthday, sis! Love you...