Friday, August 01, 2008

Trying to break that habit.......


ok, I admit it! I love Diet Mountain dew...I like to have it in the morning when I get up instead of coffee, because now that I am in menopause I don't like anything hot and I don't like cold coffee yuck! so I have got in the habit of drinking the dew.....

and the problem is: in the morning especially I have been so overheated and my pulse has been racing. I had Joe time it for me and my resting heart rate was 120 beats per minute yikes! I have been blaming it on my thyroid medicine...so I have started cutting that down....well...I figured it out that it was MOUNTAIN DEW!! When I didn't drink it, I was fine....so...I abruptly stopped and guess what happened?




Yes, I got a terrible headache and I am exhausted!! But nothing will tempt me to take back that troublemaker! I learned my lesson and now I have been sipping on sugar free lemonade and water! so...what's a girl to do with those headaches? Well...I have been talking to my doctor...The great Physician that is and he has made it bearable! I know that in a few days it will be a distant memory, but when you are in the midst...God desires our crying out to Him and I know that He is just waiting for me to ask....

He has laid His word on my heart:

All these things I once thought very worthwhile;

Now I've thrown them all away

so that I can put my hope and trust in Christ alone

Phillippians 3:7

How could God be so kind to help me through my current struggle.

Thank you God for caring for me and loving me enough to allow me to endure any kind of struggle which is so very much nothing in comparison to what your son did for me....

I am grateful for your love :) and the strength to overcome :)

and hehehehe! they do make caffeine free Mountain Dew...I just have to figure out how to get it in Florida ~smile~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you are feeling better! love you!