Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay Did not go away and she left us a present :)

Yesterday carried the most bad weather we have seen yet through Fay's visit and then refusal to leave :) Talk about a bad guest! Geesh!She definately has overstayed her welcome. And I might add...I don't really like her kind of presents either ~smile!
We heard a crack and a hit to our house...woke us up..so we all, late into the night, were up trying to peek out windows and wondered what it was! Looking out of both windows of Libby's room, we saw this:
I truly am grateful and joyful for God's sovereign plan for my life:) even Fay! God's word says

Everything in the heavens and earth belong to you O Lord,

and this is your kingdom

We adore you as being in control of everything

Riches and honor come from you alone

and you are the ruler of all mankind

Your hand controls POWER and might

and it is at your discretion that men are made great

and given strength


2 chronicles 29:11


I love being reminded of my need for a savior and I am all the more grateful for His plan! Isn't it so good to know that we don't have to worry about my life because is taking care of every last detail and He loves me so much, he has given His greatest gift-His son for my life. How can I fathom that? :) I pray that if you don't know him, He will cause a stirring in you and He will make himself known to you.....(not sure what I mean? PLEASE ask :)


We also have a very soggy porch. Our porch now leaks....ask us how we know? So, all in all, so far, we faired well....Lots of branch clean up and leak fixing, but we are safe and we have been able to get alot done being home with an interruption to normal life. It has been a productive time :)


Lots more rain coming, but we are just hanging out.....Poor Joe is waterlogged. Ever try going through a drive through with the window down while it is raining? You quickly roll it back up because rain shoots in?

Well imagine keeping it down ALL day and putting things out repeatedly while rain pelts your arm and face and gets you all wet! Poor guy! Joe, we love you! Thank-you for your sacrifice to serve our family by working so hard! We are grateful for you! Love you babe! Stay dry!!

Well.....the day is starting and I must stay with it!
and the last update: Fay has moved about 3 miles per hour, and right now she has actually stopped! This has been the case for the past few days:
so....we wait......

The waterlogged mom signing off....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

whoa! that's crazy. It landed at just the right angle so that it didn't go through anyone's windows. WOW! thank you God. He kept you safe. love you all! Stay safe.