Monday, October 27, 2008

Wow! Is the first thing I can think of...

...Our weekend was so fun! Saturday Morning we headed out to visit with my Grandma Marie and spent the night in Orlando with her.


We ate Lunch at Rainforest Cafe and walked through Disney Village, just chillin in the little shops. We also went to the Gap...Thank you Grandma for my purse! I love it!

Then we road a rollercoaster, go-carts, and watched bungy jumping! We tried to convince my Dad to do it but, he wouldn't. Oh and we saw a neat looking licensce plate!



Thank-you Grandma for such a fun day! I love spending time with you! and I am so glad you invited us to come over!

On sunday we went to the most amazing Drivers Edge thing! It was so fun and educating!

At first when my mom wanted me to go, I thought to myself" this is going to be so boring, all they are going to do is give lectures, and show videos that I have already seen before", boy was I wrong! They did give a few lectures, but they actully let you drive and show you how to get out of dangerous situations.

The first thing I got to do there was learn how to get out of a skid. First the instructor (which was professional race car driver) drove us on the course and the car lost traction, skidded and jerked! Then he had me drive the car! It was a little scary at first! But if my car ever does lose traction, I was taught what to do. It definately boosted my confidence in driving on a highway.





The seconed thing they had us learn about was different things about the car. One thing that really helped me was "Wash Boats". Wash meaning Window washer fluid, B is brake fluid, O is oil, a is anti freeze, T is transmission fluid, and S is steering fluid.

Back out to a different corse they taught what ABS brakes are and let us test them, by flooring the gas and then the instructer would yell "NOW" then we would have to slam on the brakes! The next part in that course was road hazzards. I wasn't good at this part. We had to drive a long stretch and then swerve quickly at an object and pretend that it was a large object and try to avoid it. My instructer was so nice! He took me back out on the course and showed me what I was doing wrong and explained it to me, and had me keep doing it till I was able to do it without hitting any of the cones, he also gave me a trophy for being the most improved on that course that was really neat!

I have heard so many things to do and what not to when your car skids out of control and I was so confused I would of freaked out because I wouldn't of known what to do if my car ever did skid, or if I had to swerve around somthing going 60 MPH. but this really, really helped me!
If you ever have the chance to go I strongly encourage every teenager to do this! and It was all paid for by donations and by government funding so it was all free even the t-shirts, hats and jumper cable car kit and a bunch more things!
I could barely sleep last night because I was so excited!
...Libby...

3 comments:

Briana said...

I'm glad to hear that you had a great day! I missed you on Sunday!
~Briana

Unknown said...

fun fun fun. I missed you on sunday too. I was like, "where's libby?" :(
love you!

-kaylee

Unknown said...

fun fun fun. I missed you on sunday too. I was like, "where's libby?" :(
love you!

-kaylee