Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Fall is in the air........


Fall is in the air...I feel it....I am starting to dream about being in the leaves...I can smell them in the air....I can feel the coolness that fall brings...and I am longing for it.....


I get this way..about this time every year..... and this year is no different..except for one thing......
This year...I get to go!! We all get to go! We are going to the North Georgia Mountains for 7 beautifully glorious days! I am beyond excited....I am longing for it..... Crazy as it sounds...I never felt more near to God, than when I am in the mountains....There is something about time standing still that changes me.....I actually get still.....and like it....no I don't just like it....
I love it.....I am anticipating long walks...Long lingering quiet times... Hillcrest orchards, rainbow trout at the Apple festival, long drives, long talks, smores, apple tasting...Barts Pumpkin Patch, Good times with Good friends.....More good times with good friends....Great times with my family....memories born and made.....
Deep fried Pickles at the Apple Festival....Country drives down long windy roads with Autumn in New England playing through the car.....

Apple Cider Donuts from Hillcrest Orchards....Trying 20 different kinds of apples...apple smell....apple tastes....mmmmm......

Pumpkin Roll from Barts Pumpkin Patch.....yummo...It is a joke in our family that every memory I have is about a food I ate and where I ate it....it's true.... about the food.....but it is about so much more....

There is just something about going up there..to the moutains that refreshes my soul.....a time when my insides sit still....my mind takes a break...I see God's hand everywhere....I feel Him everywhere...I love going because I am reminded of God's love for me.....and I leave....changed by that....

I leave with a memory that God met us there....I leave refreshed....recharged....reinivisioned....ready for life at home....

12 days and counting......

Thank-you God for providing every penny.... for providing a beautiful place....and Thank-you most of all for a reason to praise you for what your hand has made.....and it is beautiful.....and I love you...and Thank-you.......again and again.....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so funny! i love it. hhmmmm... i wonder how many pictures are going to come back from Ellijay? ;) love you, "mom" ~ kaylee

My Favorite Things said...

Yay for fall! I'm sure you'll have a great time in the mountains. Can't wait to see pics!

Britani said...

Heyyy Neus! I'm gonna miss you guys! Stay safe! Talk to ya later