Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Over and Over Again.........


Do you remember groundhogs Day? Well, I think we are living it! Everyday seems to feel like Sunday afternoon.....We are slowly moving forward....Joe has some good days and some bad days. Sleep doesn't want to come...pain doesn't want to end... and slowly the days are turning into weeks....Joe has had some very helpful visitors....Dr. Greg Goode who came by to check on the patient...He thought all looked well...Thanks Greg! ...And Nurse Sue Thompson who faithfully gave Joe his shots every day for 10 days...his blood should be very thin by now! Thanks Sue! Thank-you seems so small to all the love that has been shown...Many Many meals...many many phone calls...many many visits with dear people that we love so much! Thank-you dear friends for your care...It is heartfelt!





Last week Joe got his staples out. It was a painful experience, but he survived it. i think the apprehension was killing him~ but he did survive! He is slowly getting through the pain which has changed from all over pain to an aching bone pain.... God has been so faithful to meet at us every turn though....He will come out on the other side and we will be better for it! Thanks to the love of our God........


Joe has watched several movies, read half the bible, conquered many bowling and cow races courtesy of the Wii that Sydney Horne has so graciously sacrificed and special thanks to the Horne family for your love and care for us! We have loved the apples, and juice and chips and...meatballs which we will enjoy I am sure with the great sauce you sent!I am sure I have missed something in there...but we don't want to miss saying thank-you for loving the Neus!!! We love you guys!!

My mom and step dad Irvin are here for a visit...We have enjoyed the break in monotony! We went to the commisarry today! (Just me and them...)it was so fun! I got a ton of errands done and it was nice to get out for a little while. They will be here til Monday and will be heading out to my brother Scott's in Delaware.

Here is an update on all of us:

Joe is worried he is going to get fat....He has got on the scale to make sure that he is not losing his teen-age weight...I will keep you up on the progress...He is getting in alot of surfing....the internet that is :) He was able to go to his work and talk to his boss. The first thing his boss said was"Man Joe, you are getting gray" I think he is looking up hair color as I type...hmmm....

(Just kidding!) he is getting to know the furniture real well.....all kidding aside...He is facing this change in his life with strength and he is trusting God with his recovery... We know it will be long, and we are praying that God's grace will be there for every step of this journey....

I am doing well....I fell and hurt myself before we went to Celebration and I am feeling much better. I have some bruising on the bone, but am doing well...I am tired and need God's strength for this season of life...Right now, I just want to be the best help I can to Joe as he walks this out...so life for me has changed and slowed way down.....and I know that God has a plan for me too:)

Libby is well...she is one of the greatest people I know! She has cared for Joe and I and has served us so well..all the while being patient and kind and stopping to pray for us when we know we need it, but just can't think it through.....She will say, can I pray for you? She is so kind and loving and I can't understand why God was so kind to Joe and I to give us a girl so sweet and kind...We love you Libs! She is working on a play that she will be in in the Spring of next year...homeschooling, chores, voice lessons, soccer...well....maybe not for a while on that one....~smile~ and serving her family....

well..that's about it for now...Joe and Libby will be catching you up next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Inspite of our trials God is ever faithful, as is most apparent from what you write Tammy. I am preaching to myself when I say count it all joy.
Haven't been able to see you guys but you"re most certainly in my heart and prayers. I am reminded lately of Ecclesiastes 3 and verse one reminding me "that for everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven".
Love to all, Hilda