Friday, February 27, 2009

Some creative evenings....uber wierd stuff happens....and then it somehow becomes a decoration....making it the hard way? priceless.......

The Neu girls and guy have been uber creative lately and we thought a peek into some of that creativity might inspire you to do some "hard way" projects! This is creativity as we know it...and a little birthday stuff in there too :)





This collage is my birthday collage: birthday appetizer at one place...dinner at another, shopping in a boutique with wierd books and sunglasses, stealing ideas oops borrowing ideas from Pier One....This picture hanger will be up on my wall in no time! It was too cute!...then having coffee and cheesecake somewhere else....We also hung out in bed, bath and beyond...where some of us had massages, others found a great stainless steel utensil holder for 3.00... why was it 3.00? It simply stated "dirty", so I save 17.00 because someone did not want to clean! All in all it was a fun night and great memories were built and bad books were browsed through...ideas were formed... and....I still had so much fun! :)

Next up is the Chalkboard!

This became a family project when I could not get the paint to co-operate and Joe had to come out and save me by sanding it all down..I had painted the frame and glazed it, and he did the rest...I called it my project, but that is so not true....Joe really helped the most..He did an outstanding job and it is just what I wanted!. The back was an old piece of beadboard flipped over. The sides were molding strips form Lowes cut into a frame, chalkboard paint was brushed on, then sanded, then brushed on, then sanded again, then put together and hung by mr. wonderful himself! It came out so much nicer than I thought! Now I need some ideas for quotes to write because I want to change it everyday!

Well..there you have it....creativity is abounding over here..we will have to show you our bathroom next..working on that right now and our copycat spare bedroom from a catalog with all used furniture and trashy junk pieces we pulled out of the garbage....my what some spray paint will do....... Thats up next!

until then....The junk mother signing off...... :)




No comments: