Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Karen's Beans and Greens Recipe

While on our Mission trip to Niceville, a very sweet lady, Karen made this for her family for dinner..out of her kindness, she shared with Libby and I :)

This was so yummy and while I am seeking to save money, I thought this recipe was fitting....

I can vouch for it when I say....Yummo!!





Beans and Greens
2 packages kielbasa sausage
3 -1 lb. packages frozen turnip greens with diced turnips
2-3 cans light kidney beans
cajun seasoning
salt
pepper
Brown sausage in bacon grease or olive oil.
Pour in crock pot.
Drain beans and add to meat.
Add frozen greens.
Cover with water and stir.
Sprinkle with cajun seasoning (I am generous with this~smile~)
Salt and Pepper
cook on low for 5 or more hours.
Serve over white or yellow rice
This can easily be cut in half if your family is small like ours....
enjoy!!

2 comments:

Praise said...

I am so coming over for dinner tonight!!!! That stuff is YUMMO!

Colleen Moore said...

So, was her last name Doswell??? Karen Doswell of the Niceville church is my new aunt-in-law! =D

I just stumbled across your blog, and I'm SO glad! I miss you guys so much!

Married life and Jacksonville are wonderful! Can't believe we're coming up on 4 months next week!

Lots more to tell, but probably not on your blog. heehee

You can find me on facebook, our blog (david-and-colleen.blogspot.com) or email colleenmoore0301@gmail.com.

Love and miss you!
Colleen
formerly known as Colleen Barbato